Thursday 4 January 2018

White with 1 - January 2018

I am so excited to share my first Design Team layout for White with 1.

The January challenge is a mood board featuring the gorgeous Blue Bayou colour.


I was inspired by the stripes and the washed out blue on the pots.



I started with a white-washed woodgrain patterned paper from Kaisercraft. 

I added some misting with Heidi Swapp Colour Shine in Navy and then stencilled over the top with texture paste. I added a little more mist and some extra stencilling with an alphabet stencil from

It was looking a little too blue for my liking so I added some splatters of Studio Calico mist in white.

I cut down my background piece slightly before mounting it onto blue cardstock and adding some machine stitching for extra texture and to help frame the layout. I love to rough up the edges of my papers with a distress tool (or my fingernails) for extra interest.


This was a real stash busting layout. I keep my random embellishments, flowers etc in plastic containers sorted by colour, so I grabbed out my blue and white containers and started pulling embellishments I thought would work with this cute photo of Sam with my hubby and myself at his presentation day.

In the mix I have added:
* hand dyed crochet doilies
* cut apart phrases from Flutterby Designs
* flair badge from Funky Flair Studio
* tile word phrase from Lil Davis Designs (am I the only one still holding on to some of these??)
* number sheet from Collections
* diecuts from the Indigo Skies collection from Kaisercraft
* puffy camera sticker from Amy Tangerine
* miscellaneous flowers (the denim one is divine)
* my all time favourite newsprint tags from American Crafts
* and last but not least a white doily.



I added my title with white foam thickers from American Crafts and added my journaling with typed strips. I am lucky enough to have been given an ancient typewriter from my Great Uncle. It is awesome but I will quickly have to figure out where I can get replacement ribbons. Any tips please let know in the comments.

I hope you will play along with us this month at White with 1.

Can't wait to see what you create.

Happy scrapping





No comments:

Post a Comment